It is believed to have been built around 880 by Prince Bořivoj. It is the largest complex of buildings that are a castle in the world and in fact has been included in the Guinness Book of Records, since its entire area is about 70,000 sq.m.
It belongs to the UNESCO World Heritage Sites and includes the royal gardens, the old royal palace, towers and churches and the current official presidential residence. It has various architectural styles, from Roman to Gothic of the 14th century.
It differs from the classic castles because several parts of it were built in different styles and its expansion was done more horizontally than vertically.
The castle can be seen from many parts of the city, as it is located on a hill and is particularly impressive at night.
The hall with jewelry
In the old palace- Vladislav Hall
The emblems of the old palace
View from the gardens
Chapel next to the old palace
The vineyard of the castle
The church of Ag. Vito at night
The castle is snowy
The river with the castle background
How are you going?
* Do not miss the change of guard with music and the flag, which takes place every day at 12 exactly in the first outpost. Every hour there is a simple change of guard from 7 in the morning until 8 in the afternoon, at the gates of the castle.
* Do one boating on the river and enjoy all the sights of Prague from another angle.
* See the best sights of Prague
* Walk to golden alley of Prague, located on the site of the Castle.
* Cross the impressive Charles Bridge
* See him wall of John Lennon
* Excursion to Cesky Krumlov with the castle
* Find a hotel in the city center by clicking here.